Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Im amazed!

I have learned a lot from this class and I feel as if I have gotten a hang of communicated through the new technology of our ages. Even though I have not been able to meet my wonderful classmates I have been able to discuss concepts and theories with them. I have 24/7 contact with my professor and that is a wonderful advantage. I feel as if I am saving trees by sending my papers through email as well as taking tests online. It was hard to adjust at first but after a few weeks I felt comfortable with the cyber space environment. What I did not like about the class was the restrictions on the posts. I would always have to come back to do my posts and i rather just get them done at once. I was not used to the time restrictions on the quizzes i never had enough time to do them all. I felt rushed and nervous! I take a really long time with tests.

I really enjoyed writing the journals and applying concepts I have read about and talked about into my personal life. I am well aware of my mother's nonverbal communication when she just looks at me in disgust and gives out a huge sigh! I ask her if she is irritated with me and she is says, "how do you know?" I tell her my secret ways but she still sighs when I don't do as she asks.


I learned a lot of where the study of communication began within the Greek culture. It was amazing learning about how theories came to be and how persuasion as been used for centuries before. It overwhelms me that communicating is not only talking, it has numerous angles to study and it has been mind-opening to learn many new concepts as well as stay in touch with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment